Re: Maven

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 18:11:17 EST

    On Nov 24, 2003, at 5:49 AM, Andriy Shapochka wrote:

    > On a side note. Have you looked into Apache Maven by any chance? The
    > other
    > day I started to set up one of my new projects to use maven for project
    > administration instead of pure ant. All in all I like it for its
    > appealing
    > ability to fit nicely into multi- component/subproject/deployment node
    > structure and clean and consistent approach to the administration
    > tasks. At
    > the same time I am aware of the criticisms to its address (see
    > theServerSide
    > for relevant discussions, for instance). So I am very interested to
    > get your
    > and other developers' opinion on the subject and feasibility of
    > utilizing it
    > in Cayenne for project management.

    Hi Andriy,

    I looked at Maven briefly some time back for exactly the same reason.
    Didn't get too far though, so I don't have the whole picture yet. IIRC
    I got stuck when I tried to port our existing website layout to Maven.
    I suspect this can be done (it is OpenSource after all), but I got
    discouraged back then. If we can solve this problem, it is worth
    another look.

    Andrus