Re: OpenBase adapter & types.xml

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 15:46:34 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:

    > On Dec 5, 2003, at 1:55 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
    >
    > > Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > >> This is my mistake, please remap it back to boolean. If you see any
    > >> other
    > >> things in my version that don't make sense, feel free to change/remove
    > >> them. For instance I don't think we need to support types like
    > >> "DATALINK",
    > >> "REF", etc.
    > >
    > > I just noticed you are using "text" as a data type in several places.
    > > think you probably need to use "object" instead. This is what I've
    > > seen
    > > suggested on the mailing list for char fields that are greater than 4K.
    >
    > So CLOB maps to "object" in OpenBase? I thought "object" is more like
    > BLOB - unstructured binary data. So I used the analogy with Sybase
    > which uses "text" for unlimited size character data, which was just a
    > guess without deep investigation.

    Actually I see a reference to "text" in the latest openbase documentation
    even though it doesn't appear in my OpenBase Schema Editor. So I suspect
    that it probably IS correct to use "text" instead of "object." I'm
    guessing it's a new data type that wasn't originally around.

    I uploaded a types.xml file to the RFE on openbase that does use text.