Re: TIMESTAMP millisecond precision

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Dec 24 2003 - 09:05:20 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > Indeed, changing it to timestamp now allows millisecond preceison.
    Interestingly that both Oracle and
    > MySQL fail tests when I set milliseconds field of the test calendar....

    Actually, one of the problems I encountered when I upgraded my WebObjects
    application from Oracle 8 to Oracle 9 was that TIMESTAMP had changed to
    provide nanosecond? accuracy, breaking all of my WebObjects optimistic date
    locking (which required accuracy to be rounded to the nearest second).

    I'm guessing you're doing your testing with Oracle 8.

    I think I have access to a development Oracle 9 database if you'd like to
    run the tests against it in the new year.

    -Mike