Re: [OS-JIRA] Created: (CAY-77) CayenneModeler must allow to configure CLASSPATH on the fly

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 16:04:02 EST

    On Jan 19, 2004, at 10:58 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Andrus Adamchik.org wrote:
    >> Things like DB reengineering require external Java classes to be
    >> loaded
    >> dynamically. An important improvement is to make locations of such
    >> jar files
    >> configurable in the modeler. Such configuration must be persistent.
    >
    > While we're on this topic, is there an existing way or are there plans
    > add a way to specify those same external Java classes when
    > running/building
    > the test suite?
    >
    > I end up making the same changes to add my jar file to the build.xml
    > file
    > each time I update cayenne from cvs.
    >
    > -Mike

    Mike,

    You are free to investigate this option. Finally SourceForge CVS is
    back up and all the relevant classes (namely
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.modeler.ModelerClassLoader) are checked in.

    I feel like there is no pressing need in it, since unit test
    environment almost never changes, and once I configured my shell
    CLASSPATH, I never have to modify it. In fact I have it setup
    dynamically for convenience (but it is not a big deal without this
    either). Under tcsh (can be ported easily to cygwin or bash):

    setenv CLASSPATH `find ~/opt/lib -type f -name "*.jar" | perl -we
    'chomp..ines = <>); $cp = join(":", @lines); print $cp;'`

    Andrus