Re: Improvements to ClassGenerator and ant task

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 14:39:08 EST

    Mike Kienenberger <mkienen..laska.net> wrote:
    > Maybe it'd require something more
    > along the lines of:
    >
    > <fileset dir=".../ModelerTemplates/">
    >
    > <include name="subclass.vm" package="com.xyz.cayenne.entity"
    > outputSuffix=".java" />
    >
    > <include name="superclass.vm"
    > package="com.xyz.cayenne.entity.generated" outputPefix="_"
    > outputSuffix=".java" />
    >
    > </fileset>
    >

    > Actually, the outputPrefix/suffix would pretty much be necessary in most
    > useful cases, as would a parameter for package and destination directory.

    It occurs to me (right after hitting send, of course) that most of this can
    also be done by running multiple cgen tasks, one for each file. It'd be a
    little slower, but probably not slow enough to matter. The only missing
    pieces are the ability to specify what the generated file name looks like
    (ie, the prefix/suffix thing).

    And the ability to specify a subset of all entities.