Namespace for entity

From: Kazuo Tsubaki (ktsubak..rtesware.com)
Date: Mon Jan 26 2004 - 21:21:47 EST

    Hi,

    I have some ideas for future Cayenne framework.
    When we support multi-language application integrated with back-end (ie. ERP
    or Legacy) at global organization, we often need to handle different data
    and business logics (implementations) while keeping abstraction (interfaces)
    . For example, accounting data structure and business logic for calculating
    tax are different between US accounting system and Japanese accounting
    system.

    My suggestions are,

    - Domain or variant (namely)
    To support multiple data structures (database tables) per entity.
    - Partition (namely)
    To support partitioned data space on single entity.

    Make sense?
    Any idea?

    Kazuo