Re: Namespace for entity

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 11:01:43 EST

    Hi Kazuo,

    Actually Cayenne DataDomains where designed with this exact goal in
    mind. You can have the same ObjEntity under different DataDomains
    mapping to a different underlying table structure (within logical
    limits of course). One factor that limits convenience of this approach
    is that there is no way to reuse the same ObjEntity - basically you
    would have to create identical copies of the same ObjEntity under each
    domain. This means extra manual mapping.

    Making ObjEntities reusable across domains would probably be a neat
    feature, but this is not a show stopper by no means. Does it solve your
    problems, or do you have something different in mind?

    Thanks
    Andrus