JRE 1.4 required -- java.util.LinkedHashMap in ValidationResult

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 11:43:27 EST

    Well, I finally deployed my first draft of my application to our development
    Oracle 9IAS application server.

    I got this far:

    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/util/LinkedHashMap
            at org.objectstyle.cayenne.validation.ValidationResult.<init>
    (ValidationResult.java:84)

    The cayenne docs claim that 1.3 is supported, but java.util.LinkedHashMap is
    1.4.

    http://www.objectstyle.org/cayenne/userguide/install/index.html

    - JDK. Cayenne applications can be deployed under JDK version 1.3 or higher.
    Note that JSDK 1.4 or higher is required for development GUI tools. Download
    JDK from Sun at http://java.sun.com/products/

    I'm using a January version of the CVS Cayenne 1.1 tree, although I don't
    remember which particular day I pulled it in.

    It was mentioned on the Velocity mailing list that

    http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/api/org/apache/commons/collections/LRUMap.html

    could be replaced with java.util.LinkedHashMap, so I'd assume the reverse is
    also true. Cayenne currently ships with the commons-collections package
    already. [The velocity change was rejected due to the 1.4 dependency.]

    -Mike