Re: Final optimistic locking patch available / CAY-52 attachments need deleting

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 17:32:57 EST

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > 3. In DataNode I noticed that "runBatchUpdateAsBatch" is never called
    > when optimistic locking is in effect, so I removed the locking code
    > from this method.

    I left that code in because all it required to work in batch mode was a JDBC
    adaptor that supports "UPDATE SET field=value WHERE id = idValue AND
    lockingField = ?" where lockingField is null. Openbase supported it, but
    Oracle didn't. I wasn't sure how likely it was to be supported by other
    databases.

    > 4. Refactored DataNode.runBatchUpdateAsIndividualQueries to remove
    > redundant code, since the flow is essentially the same no matter
    > whether the locking is used or not.

    The trick in DataNode.runBatchUpdateAsIndividualQueries was that
    optimistic-locking code required query.next before each sql string creation.

    I will give the CVS head a try when I get a chance. I'm trying to stick
    with Milestone (or other tagged) releases right now since we're getting
    ready to test our application.

    I also looked at Achim's modeler patch, but it needs more work. It only
    supports setting locking on an entity basis, and I don't think it handles
    ObjRelationships even in that case.

    -Mike