Re: Final optimistic locking patch available / CAY-52 attachments need deleting

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Mar 20 2004 - 15:27:02 EST

    Mike, Achim -

    I just checked in the patch, since I realized that I will be making
    some changes to the mapping layer to support inheritance, and it will
    be hard to merge your patch after that. I will work on modeler support
    for locking a bit later.

    Refactoring that I've done is mostly formal, I haven't gone too deep.
    Here is what I've done:

    1. Added mockrunner.jar to CVS.
    2. Changed the names of lock-related properties in the mapping layer to
    follow Java Bean naming conventions for booleans.
    3. In DataNode I noticed that "runBatchUpdateAsBatch" is never called
    when optimistic locking is in effect, so I removed the locking code
    from this method.
    4. Refactored DataNode.runBatchUpdateAsIndividualQueries to remove
    redundant code, since the flow is essentially the same no matter
    whether the locking is used or not.

    Unit tests all pass OK. Let me know if my changes have caused any
    problems.

    Thanks
    Andrus