OptimisticLockingException

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 10:56:27 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > features two big improvements - optimistic locking and single table
    > [...]
    > bingo - Cayenne suddenly starts to throw big nasty exceptions when
    > someone modifies your data :-).

    I, of course, didn't think of this until after the release, but the
    exception thrown should really be an OptimisticLockingException subclass of
    CayenneRuntimeException. And it'd be helpful if it contained a list of the
    failed objectIDs.

    But a good start would be to create a separate exception-type object. All
    of my updates are against individual objects which makes it obvious which
    one failed.

    I don't currently handle locking failures as anything other than generic
    database failures, but that will probably change soon.

    -Mike