Re: EntityResolver moved to "map" package

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 12:20:45 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > FYI: just moved EntityResolver class from "access" to "map" package,
    > with deprecation and all... Since it affected quiet a few classes
    > including Data Views, I figured I'd post a note.

    Unfortunately, the deprecation doesn't work unless you make "access" a
    superclass of "map".

    As it is now, the error "Type mismatch: cannot convert from
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.map.EntityResolver to
    org.objectstyle.cayenne.access.EntityResolver" pops up wherever a line such
    below appears.

            EntityResolver anEntityResolver = aDataContext.getEntityResolver();

    Not a problem for me since I'm just going to correct the deprecation, but it
    may cause problems for others who want to just drop in the new jar file
    without changing the code and recompiling.

    -Mike