Re: PoolManager for a DataContext or DataObject?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 15:07:29 EDT

    >> Should the documentation be updated to reflect that?

    I updated JavaDocs and also fixed that EntityResolver thing that we
    discussed.

    > if (this.getParent() == null) {
    > throw new CayenneRuntimeException("Cannot use a DataContext
    > without a parent");
    > }
    > return this.getParent().dataNodeForObjEntity(objEntity);
    > instead of
    > return this.lookupDataNode(anObjEntity.getDataMap());

    It seems quiet logical to me the way it is. It is natural to call the
    same method on the parent QueryEngine, since DataContext doesn't
    implement any logic of its own, and simply *delegates* to the parent.

    However the truth is, in this case it doesn't really matter either way
    :-)

    Andrus