Re: PoolManager for a DataContext or DataObject?

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 16:29:55 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > It seems quite logical to me the way it is. It is natural to call the
    > same method on the parent QueryEngine, since DataContext doesn't
    > implement any logic of its own, and simply *delegates* to the parent.
    >
    > However the truth is, in this case it doesn't really matter either way

    I only pointed it out because my first look was to the docs to determine the
    correct way to do it, which wasn't helpful. My second look was to the
    source code, which only pointed me to another deprecated method in an
    interface file. If I were persistent and clever enough, I would have
    tracked down DataDomain as the only other non-DataContext, non-DataNode
    implementation of QueryEngine and figured it out that way, but I gave up
    instead.

    I see now why you did it the way you did, and as long as the docs tell what
    needs to be changed, that's good enough.

    -Mike