Re: CAY-160 -- Database reconnect support? [Oracle 9i]

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 18:30:13 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > I guess dead connections are not being recycled properly. The exception
    > below is a result of something else that occurred with the previously
    > checked out connection that prevented it from being returned to the
    > pool. You'll need to trace it back to the original exception that
    > caused it to get stuck.

    Ok. I'll try to do that, but I expect it's one of the exceptions that I
    just threw away in the changes I made (just closed the PooledConnection and
    reconnected it).

    I'm probably not going to pursue this in much more detail after that as it
    looks like we're switching over to using Oracle Application Server's
    DataSource mechanism (once we figure out how to upgrade the defective JDBC
    drivers that Oracle 10g ships with). The OAS DataSource appears to handle
    reconnects for the Oracle JDBC driver. Thanks for pointing out that
    alternate DataSource providers are out there.