Adding custom adapter for FrontBase?

From: Will Scheidegger (willscheidegge..ac.com)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 11:16:19 EDT

    I'm trying to get Cayenne to work with FrontBase. Since I couldn't find
    any info on this in the docs and the mailing list archive has no search
    I would appreciate some help to get me started.

    I've added a "org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.frontbase" package with the
    adapter class to the source tree and successfully build it with ant (->
    I checked the resulting jar: My "FrontBaseAdapter.class" is in there).
    I've also modified org.objectstyle.cayenne.modeler.util.DbAdapterInfo
    so my adapter would get listed in the pop-up menu of Cayenne Modeler.
    The adapter shows up, but as soon as I select it, an empty field is
    being displayed and the modeler complains about "no adapter selected"
    when I try to save the model.

    Clearly Cayenne Modeler cannot find the adapter. But: Since the adapter
    class is part of the cayenne.jar and the cayenne.jar is in my classpath
    I do not really know the adapter cannot be found. Any ideas?

    Thanks for your help!

    -Will