Re: Adding custom adapter for FrontBase?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 12:07:37 EDT

    On Jul 19, 2004, at 11:16 AM, Will Scheidegger wrote:

    > I'm trying to get Cayenne to work with FrontBase. Since I couldn't
    > find any info on this in the docs and the mailing list archive has no
    > search I would appreciate some help to get me started.
    >
    > I've added a "org.objectstyle.cayenne.dba.frontbase" package with the
    > adapter class to the source tree and successfully build it with ant
    > (-> I checked the resulting jar: My "FrontBaseAdapter.class" is in
    > there). I've also modified
    > org.objectstyle.cayenne.modeler.util.DbAdapterInfo so my adapter would
    > get listed in the pop-up menu of Cayenne Modeler. The adapter shows
    > up, but as soon as I select it, an empty field is being displayed and
    > the modeler complains about "no adapter selected" when I try to save
    > the model.
    >
    > Clearly Cayenne Modeler cannot find the adapter. But: Since the
    > adapter class is part of the cayenne.jar and the cayenne.jar is in my
    > classpath I do not really know the adapter cannot be found. Any ideas?

    Hi Will,

    Is there another cayenne.jar somewhere in the CLASSPATH? Try stepping
    through DataNodeView code in Eclipse debugger, or simply put debug
    statements to print the exceptions and see what's going on. Maybe there
    is another error unrelated to class loading.

    On a side note, after you mentioned this problem in a message sent
    earlier to me directly, I made some changes to the Modeler code to
    support DbAdapters developed externally to Cayenne. Now the Modeler
    will support setting the adapter class location via 'Tools -> Configure
    ClassPath'. I am still testing this code, but it should be checked in
    tonight and should make it to the nightly build.

    Andrus