Re: OracleApplicationServerXMLDataSourceFactory -- "unexpected text" parsing error

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..laska.net)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 20:08:38 EDT

    Mike Kienenberger <mkienen..laska.net> wrote:
    > 2) I am having problems parsing a text tag in the xml file. Each
    datasource
    > element can have an optional <description> child element (and maybe other
    > elements) which I just need to ignore. Originally I thought I could just
    > ignore the information I wasn't using. When that didn't work, I tried
    > adding a DefaultHandler instance for children. When that failed, I
    created
    > an IgnoreNestedElementsHandler which is really just a nested
    DefaultHandler.
    > However, I get an error that the text between <description> tags is
    > unexpected. Removing all text between <description> and </description>
    > causes everything to work perfectly, but I can't really do this outside of

    > my own test environment. There's nothing special about the xml as far as
    > can tell. I looked at the source for MapLoader which handles similar
    > nested text elements (for example, db-generator-type), and I see no
    special
    > treatment being done there. However, since my total SAX experience is
    with
    > modifying Cayenne code, maybe I'm missing something fundamental somewhere.

    Don't you hate it when you work on something for hours, finally send out a
    message to the mailing list, then figure out the problem? Of course, it's
    worse if you never figure it out. :)

    Yes, I was missing something fundamental. <description> content is handled
    at the <datasource> level, not at the <description> level.

    As far as I can tell from my current testing, this is now a functional piece
    of code.

    -Mike