Re: OracleApplicationServerXMLDataSourceFactory -- "unexpected text" parsing error

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 23:51:19 EDT

    On Jul 27, 2004, at 7:49 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > I've now created a subclass of DriverDataSourceFactory called
    > OracleApplicationServerXMLDataSourceFactory which will initialize from
    > the
    > Oracle Application Server datasources.xml JNDI definition file. (The
    > advantage of this over cdeploy is that authentication information can
    > be
    > stored locally on each [dev/production] application server without
    > needing
    > to incorporate it into the application project build stream somehow).
    >
    > I have two questions:
    >
    > 1) Is there any interest in adding this to a cayenne contrib
    > directory? I'm
    > not sure if it's relevent enough to put into the cayenne core. On the
    > other
    > hand, it's an example of how to subclass DriverDataSourceFactory to
    > read
    > driver information from an alternate xml format, and does have use for
    > some
    > Oracle Application Server JNDI deployers.

    I am also split between "contrib" and "examples"

    One issue with "contrib" is that it only exists in CVS and is never
    released. My concern with "cayenne-examples" is that our examples are
    already full of some obscure things like DataPort. We need to include
    more basic stuff in there, or otherwise it will just scare people. I
    also have a selfish reason - examples code is kind of supposed to be
    tested and maintained between releases. I have no way of testing this
    particular piece...

    I guess we will start with contrib, and later figure out how to make it
    more accessible... "unsupported examples" or something. So please
    upload your work to JIRA, and we'll take it from there.

    Andrus