SelectQuery.addCustomDbAttribute(String)

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 21:02:37 EDT

    Hello.

    The javadoc for SelectQuery.addCustomDbAttribute(String) says "Adds a
    path to the DbAttribute that should be included in the results of this
    query. Valid paths would look like ARTIST_NAME,
    PAINTING_ARRAY.PAINTING_ID, etc"

    Q1: I have not managed to get addCustomDbAttribute to work with
    arguments ala PAINTING_ARRAY.PAINTING_ID. Is it supposed to work? I
    might be doing something wrong..

    Q2: I have a SelectQuery that fetches datarows for a given ObjEntity.
    If I try to add a single addCustomDbAttribute only the added attribute
    are queried for. All the standard attributes of the given ObjEntity are
    not included in the query. Am I doing something wrong here as well?
    Perhaps I should manually do addCustomDbAttribute on all the attributes
    that I want to add.

    SelectQuery q = new SelectQuery(Artist.class);
    q.setFetchingDataRows(true);
    q.addCustomDbAttribute("name");

    Regards,
      - Tore.