Re: SelectQuery.addCustomDbAttribute(String)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 10:58:18 EST

    Hi Tore,

    "addCustomDbAttribute" was one of those early things in Cayenne a few
    years back when the strategy was "just make it work", so there is a
    room for improvement. Your description of its behavior is correct - it
    can't use a "path", only a root entity attribute, and once you have at
    least one custom attribute, all the "standard" ones are not used, so
    you have to set all needed columns.

    So I guess it does require some rework now...

    Andrus