Re: Code Generation

From: Kevin J. Menard, Jr. (nirvdru..egativetwenty.net)
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 20:08:51 EST

    On Dec 13, 2004, at 12:06 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > On Dec 12, 2004, at 9:22 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:
    >> Now, I have a question about the code generation stuff. I've been
    >> playing with the superclass template, and it'll set up an
    >> encodeAsXML() that works pretty.
    >
    > Hmm, I thought you were planning a dynamic encoder/decoder for
    > DataObjects based on Cayenne mapping? I guess adding this as a
    > generated code has its benefits (i.e. no need for a DataContext). But
    > a DataContext (or maybe EntityResolver which is probably a cleaner
    > solution) can be passed around in encoder/decoder (or in a subclass of
    > coder)... So any other reason we might need a generated method instead
    > of a generic one in CayenneDataObject?

    What's the easiest way to locate a map file? The API for loading a map
    and working with the object entities is straightforward, but I'm not
    sure how to find the map file in the first place. I assume Cayenne
    reads it out of cayenne.xml, but I'm not sure how it finds that either.

    Also, ObjEntitiy has a default encodeAsXML() already provided. What's
    that used for?

    Thanks,
    Kevin