Re: XMLEncoder/XMLDecoder Beta 2

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Dec 15 2004 - 15:29:22 EST

    Hi Kevin,

    For the purpose of integrating your code with Cayenne, could you submit a
    patch against the latest HEAD? I don't remember, do we have a JIRA issue
    for this already?

    I am targeting the next 1.2 milestone release for mid January (as I
    already have plans for computerless holiday season). We have a number of
    contributions from you and others, so when I get back from the holidays I
    wanted to review them and commit to Cayenne if possible. Unless another
    Cayenne committer volunteers to do that earlier(?)

    > I was working on a map encoding/decoding,
    > similar to what already exists in XMLEncoder,
    > but I didn't know what the keys were, so Andrus,
    > any help there would be nice. I assume these maps
    > are being created by Cayenne somewhere?

    You mean XML encoding map, not Cayenne DataMap? No, Cayenne doesn't have
    any support for that. IIRC our latest agreement was to keep WebObjects
    format for the XML map. Am I talking about the same thing?

    Andrus