Re: Vertical inheritance support proposal

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 14:46:38 EDT

    I see... No, my plan was to keep a single object with properties coming
    from the joined tables being indistinguishable from the properties coming
    from the root table.

    So on the Java end this will look like "vanilla" OO inheritance (implying
    that there will be a single ObjectId). It would be the responsibility of
    Cayenne to build all needed joins when doing a select and building
    multiple insert/update/delete queries on commit.

    Andrus