ObjectId/GlobalID change heads up

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Dec 02 2005 - 05:06:43 EST

    Last night I finally finished merging GlobalID (used in remote tiers)
    with the regular ObjectId. I hope this won't affect to many people,
    but as this is a big internal change I figured I'll post a note here
    before the release.

    Here is a snip from the future release notes:

    * Portable ObjectId:
       ObjectId is now used instead of recently introduced GlobalID
    within ObjectContext space (i.e. removal of
       GlobalID only affects remote tier). Still there are substantial
    changes in the ObjectId itself. To make
       it portable across the network, we no longer use Java Class as the
    main key within the id. Instead
       ObjEntity name string is used for this purpose.

       UPGRADE WARNING: it wasn't possible to phase out some of the old
    ObjectId API via deprecation, so methods
       "getObjClass" and "getObjectClass" are removed completely.
    Constructors that take Class as the first argument
       are deprecated and will only work if entity naming follows
    CayenneModeler default conventions of using unqualified
       class name as the entity name.

    Andrus