Does it make sense to move 1.2 branch to Apache?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 09:53:00 EDT

     From the purely practical standpoint, when 1.2 goes final, I wonder
    if we should keep the maintenance branch on SourceForge. This way
    we'll have a clean cutoff point.

    I think releasing org.objectstyle.cayenne.* stuff from Apache is
    confusing (if not legally wrong). I know other incubating projects
    are doing that (roller), but at some point we will graduate from the
    Incubator... and will still want to maintain 1.2.x branch at that time.

    So once we get setup..pache, I suggest to initially only migrate the
    new stuff (i.e. JPA), and move the core framework when we are ready
    to change the package names.

    Does it make sense? I think we are pretty close to the 1.2 RC when
    the total code freeze starts, and then we can actually branch it out.

    Andrus