RE: Does it make sense to move 1.2 branch to Apache?

From: Gentry, Michael \(Contractor\) ("Gentry,)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 10:59:17 EDT

    Well, we could rename the roadmap to 2.1 ...

    I was actually thinking last week there is enough new stuff in 1.2 that
    it probably really should be a 2.0 release -- not only for technical
    reasons, but also marketing/political. 1.x makes Cayenne sound a lot
    less mature than it really is. Especially with Hibernate at 3.x. And
    then we are talking about EJB 3 support. Maybe 2.0 should be the
    initial Apache release and 3.0 the next roadmap or something?

    I think I'd want to keep the bug-fixes for the objectstyle packages on
    sourceforge. We can always apply those fixes to both sides so they are
    on the Apache packages, too.

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg