Re: Does it make sense to move 1.2 branch to Apache?

From: Cris Daniluk (cris.danilu..mail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 10:17:56 EDT

    I think I suggested this before, and it may be a bit more effort than we are
    willing to undertake at this point, but I think it may be beneficial to
    release a 1.2 "Apache" release at some point in time.

    My reasoning is that while we should keep the "org.objectstyle" packages in
    tact in 1.2, users may have an easier migration path if they can move to
    Apache packages in one release, then to new potentially incompatible
    functionality in the next. Acegi drove me crazy when they did their package
    rename along with class renames. It took me a ridiculous amount of time to
    migrate a small application. Then again, with Spring, what is ever

    Whether or not we do that, I do think SF for 1.2 and Apache/SVN for 2.0 is
    the right approach. For purposes of migration and preserving VCS history, we
    are still going to want to import the org.objectstyle packages and then
    migrate them from inside SVN, but we can branch and deadend the
    org.objectstyle code line after the rename is complete.. thus, it will feel
    like a "donation".

    Cris