Re: Maven Site? [Was: Free Maven 2 Book]

From: Jean T. Anderson (jt..ristowhill.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 22:52:09 EDT

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > Actually I already started down this path some time ago after studying
    > the Incubator docs - I checked in a redirecting .htaccess to subversion
    > and checked it out on the server (so now http://
    > incubator.apache.org/cayenne/ is a working url).
    >
    > I guess the next step would be organizing those few Anakia-built pages
    > that make up the static site in a Maven project and moving them to SVN.
    > I don't see a problem checking in the generated pages to SVN - makes
    > deployment easier.
    >
    > So Bill or Jean, whoever has time to do that, please go ahead.

    well, I offered to help out with logistics. Once you have the built
    pages in svn, let me know if you need any help with that first checkout.
     --You have the karma on people.apache.org, and already tested that with
    the .htaccess, so you should be set.

    > BTW, there is one "dynamic" piece - the mailing list archive. The
    > archive is generated by hypermail and message counters are reset by a
    > Perl script that receives the archive emails. I know all Apache
    > projects use a separate archive (and new Cayenne lists are archived
    > there as well), so I guess we can keep archives on ObjectStyle.

    These ASF archives are set up:

    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-commits/
    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-dev/
    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cayenne-user/