Bogus hollow object exception

From: Øyvind Harboe (oyvind.harbo..ylin.com)
Date: Sat May 20 2006 - 13:17:23 EDT

    I'm having a problem with a legacy database that have string primary
    keys where there occasionally are extra spaces after the primary key.

    SQL will ignore trailing spaces in WHERE clauses, i.e. WHERE
    "FOO"="FOO<SPACE>" will yield a match, so this works in the
    legacy application I'm porting.

    However, Cayenne throws a bogus hollow objection exception.

    I managed to find a workaround where I trimmed spaces from primary keys
    passed into the ObjectId constructor.

    See my working notes & patch at the end:

    http://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-550

    --
    Øyvind Harboe
    http://www.zylin.com