Re: TCK proposals

From: Bill Dudney (bdudne..pache.org)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 00:33:01 EDT

    On Aug 6, 2006, at 10:18 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > On Aug 6, 2006, at 11:36 PM, Bill Dudney wrote:
    >> 1) I feel strongly that we should limit access to the TCK to
    >> committers (as recommended here [1]). The ASF leaves it up to the
    >> PMC but I can't think of a good reason to let others have access
    >> to the TCK.
    >
    > +1
    >
    >> 2) As I understand things we must keep the discussion of the TCK
    >> in private. I'd like to propose that we use the PPMC list (renamed
    >> to private recently) for those discussions.
    >
    > That means extending the PPMC subscription to all committers. Are
    > there any problems with that?

    I personally would like eventually to have PMC == Committers. And I
    think we could/should be working towards that now as well. However
    that causes me to think that we should probably have a new mailing
    list for the tck, not archived and only available to subscribers.

    I just sent a mail to the open-jcp list asking if anyone decided on a
    naming scheme for these lists. I will keep you all posted.

    -bd-