Re: TCK proposals

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 10:17:58 EDT

    On 8/7/06, Bill Dudney <bdudne..pache.org> wrote:
    > >> 2) As I understand things we must keep the discussion of the TCK
    > >> in private. I'd like to propose that we use the PPMC list (renamed
    > >> to private recently) for those discussions.
    > >
    > > That means extending the PPMC subscription to all committers. Are
    > > there any problems with that?
    > >

    > I personally would like eventually to have PMC == Committers. And I
    > think we could/should be working towards that now as well. However
    > that causes me to think that we should probably have a new mailing
    > list for the tck, not archived and only available to subscribers.
    >
    > I just sent a mail to the open-jcp list asking if anyone decided on a
    > naming scheme for these lists. I will keep you all posted.

    Hey Bill,
    We've talked about all of the TCK stuff before on MyFaces. You must
    have forgotten :)

    To summarize:

    1) The name would be tck@
    2) The tck list needs to be separate from the pmc list (Some pmc
    members may not be willing to sign the NDA, some TCK users may not be
    PMC members).
    3) Everything needs to go through Geir as the VP of JCP/TCK stuff.
    4) Open an infra issue (INFRA-755 was the MyFaces one).

    I'd also point out that this particular TCK is being used by several
    projects and it'd make sense to share the list among them.

    In fact, the tc..eronimo list might already be covering this TCK, and
    the appropriate thing to do is to join their tck list. Again, Geir
    is the person to ask about that.