Re: Re: Encrypted JDBC Connection Settings

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 11:10:45 EDT

    On 8/10/06, Michael Gentry <blacknex..mail.com> wrote:
    > Setting encryption via URL parameters sounds like it might encrypt the
    > data stream (all the SQL), which is cool, but I need to encrypt the
    > password to the database (no plaintext passwords to comply with SOX
    > standards).

    Right. I took it to mean that you wanted to encrypt the password
    stored in your xml files, not the password sent across the network
    (Some databases do encrypt the password information sent this way --
    openbase for example). So this is at the cayenne level (or
    application level), not at the jdbc or network level.