Re: release schedule - 1.2.1 and 2.0.1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Aug 16 2006 - 11:06:16 EDT

  • Next message: Mike Kienenberger: "Re: svn commit: r431974 - /incubator/cayenne/main/branches/STABLE-1.2/cayenne/cayenne-java/src/tests/java/org/objectstyle/cayenne/access/ToManyListTst.java"

    On Aug 16, 2006, at 10:55 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    >> Cool - as long as we track all the patches to be able to port them to
    >> HEAD later. BTW, since there were no plans to maintain new features
    >> on the official 1.2 branch, you can probably copy 1.2 branch to 1.2-
    >> outer-joins or something, to still maintain the code under SCM.
    >
    > Actually, that's probably a good idea. I hadn't considered that. It
    > should make merging the changes easier (although I don't know how hard
    > it is to merge when the package names change).

    Merging has been pretty easy so far. What I normally do is open a
    patch file in a text editor and do search-n-replace of the imports
    and file paths (since 3.0 is also mavenized, so the structure is
    different).

    Andrus