Re: License headers needed [Re: svn commit: r437792 - /incubator/cayenne/sandbox/CocoaCayenne/CocoaCayenne/]

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2006 - 16:17:38 EDT

    Yeah, I know the project builder and interface builder files don't
    support comments, per se, so I don't think we have to worry about
    these.

    I think we only have to add them if the file type reasonably supports
    them -- I don't think we're required to add extra steps of
    post-processing on machine-generated files simply to insert copyright
    notices.

    If you can put them into the plists without causing adverse effects,
    I'd go ahead and do it. If there's a chance that the parser will
    choke on it, I'd leave them out.

    You can probably put them into the strings files by creating a
    APACHE_LICENSE_HEADER string -- not really sure about that -- but
    again, if it's not a "natural" comment, I don't know how rigid we have
    to be about it.

    I'm not familiar with the pch files, so you'll have to use your best
    judgement there.