Cocoa Cayenne status

From: Tore Halset (halse..vv.ntnu.no)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 03:50:58 EDT

    Hello.

    I have added support for key value validation using the information
    from the model. Validation are done pr field (customizable from
    Interface Builder) on the client before commit. See screenshot:

    http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~halset/tmp/cocoa-client-20061026.png

    commitChanges and performQuery also have error handling now... There
    are several ways to do error handling in Cocoa, but I have used the
    one Core Data uses (error:-argument).

    I have also fixed some minor issues like:
      * init toMany relationships with empty array on new
      * improved CAYEntityResolver.lookupObjEntity

    CocoaCayenne not support mapping BigDecimal (++) yet. Serialization
    from the java side is perfect, but the Cocoa side of it is not.
    NSDecimalNumber uses a strange thing called class clustering that
    makes this a bit messy...

    Any news on the velocity-templates?

      - Tore.