Re: Graduation heads up

From: Jean T. Anderson (jt..ristowhill.com)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2006 - 22:27:24 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >>> 3. We'll submit the proposal for the vote by Incubator PMC.
    >>
    >> This will be on genera..ncubator.apache.org.
    >
    > BTW, does it matter that we are sponsored by DB PMC as far as who
    > should vote, DB or Incubator PMC? (the ultimate vote is of course the
    > Board)

    The DB PMC is involved perhaps more than is obvious -- two of cayenne's
    mentors (Brian and myself) are on the DB PMC as well as on the Incubator
    PMC, and Craig Russell (who posted earlier) is on the DB PMC.

    This might be oversimplifying, but there are two actions that are
    intertwined: the Incubator PMC decides on graduation and the Board
    decides on destination. The two links you posted earlier show how two
    projects (Jackrabbit and OFBiz) kicked off Incubator graduation
    discussions. In the OFBiz thread, Noel mentioned that the Incubator
    needs to see the Board proposal (because they want to be a top level
    project) [1]. The Board minutes in which proposals are included as
    resolutions are publically available and are good examples (looking at
    recent ones is generally best):

     - Jackrabbit - March 2006 [2]
     - iBATIS - May 2005 [3]

    A couple key things for the proposal include:

     - Propose who will be on the PMC
     - Propose who the PMC chair should be

    hth,

     -jean

    [1]
    http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200611.mbox/%3cNBBBJGEAGJAKLIDBKJOPAEAMLIAC.noe..evtech.com%3e
    [2]
    http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2006/board_minutes_2006_03_15.txt
    [3]
    http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2005/board_minutes_2005_05_18.txt

    > Andrus
    >

    > On Nov 15, 2006, at 8:08 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Andrus,
    >>
    >> This is great news for those of us who have been following your
    >> progress. I have just a couple of comments for you.
    >>
    >> On Nov 15, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >>
    >>> Looks like there are no obstacles for us to move ahead with Cayenne
    >>> graduation. The links below are some threads from other projects
    >>> graduation "hearings".
    >>>
    >>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
    >>> 200611.mbox/%3cAE415EFF-3825-4F8C-AD93-
    >>> A513155D73E..ndersunconsulting.com%3e