Re: Graduation heads up

From: Craig L Russell (Craig.Russel..un.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2006 - 22:45:38 EST

    Hi Andrus,

    On Nov 15, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    >>> 3. We'll submit the proposal for the vote by Incubator PMC.
    >>
    >> This will be on genera..ncubator.apache.org.
    >

    > BTW, does it matter that we are sponsored by DB PMC as far as who
    > should vote, DB or Incubator PMC? (the ultimate vote is of course
    > the Board)

    This is an interesting question that I've not seen asked or answered
    before (I subscribe to the cayenne, incubator, infrastructure, db
    pmc, and legal aliases).

    I suppose as a courtesy, when you have a vote on the cayenne-dev
    alias, you could then blind (to avoid folks there replying on that
    alias) forward the message to the db-private alias and ask them to
    vote if they like on cayenne-dev. That way, the vote is in public but
    the db pmc knows that the vote is under way.

    And I am pretty sure that the vote to depart incubation must be on
    general at incubator.a.o and not the podling PPMC or the sponsor's PMC.

    Craig

    > Andrus
    >

    > On Nov 15, 2006, at 8:08 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Andrus,
    >>
    >> This is great news for those of us who have been following your
    >> progress. I have just a couple of comments for you.
    >>
    >> On Nov 15, 2006, at 11:00 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >>
    >>> Looks like there are no obstacles for us to move ahead with
    >>> Cayenne graduation. The links below are some threads from other
    >>> projects graduation "hearings".
    >>>
    >>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
    >>> 200611.mbox/%3cAE415EFF-3825-4F8C-AD93-
    >>> A513155D73E..ndersunconsulting.com%3e
    >>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/
    >>> 200603.mbox/%3c64AFE699-451C-41D5-9264-CE684D202B6..biv.com%3e
    >>>
    >>> The procedure is somewhat vague, but I think it would look like
    >>> this:
    >>>
    >>> 1. I will draft a proposal for the ASF board to accept Cayenne as
    >>> a TLP at Apache.
    >>
    >> I'd suggest you make sure to include a pointer to your release as
    >> a proof point that you're really ready to graduate. And it will
    >> help to run Robert's RAT detector on the release if you haven't
    >> already done.
    >>>
    >>> 2. We'll vote for it on this list. This vote won't be binding in
    >>> a sense that we can't make a graduation decision on our own.
    >>> However it is important to have, as this will be indication that
    >>> we are ready.
    >>>
    >>> 3. We'll submit the proposal for the vote by Incubator PMC.
    >>
    >> This will be on genera..ncubator.apache.org.
    >>
    >> Go for it!
    >>
    >> Craig
    >>>
    >>> 4. If/when it passes, it will be sent to the board where the
    >>> final decision is made.
    >>>
    >>> It'll probably take me a few days to do the proposal. Please
    >>> speak up if you have any comments.
    >>>
    >>> Andrus
    >>>

    >> Craig Russell

    Craig Russell