Re: [JIRA] Updated: (CAY-316) stream support for blob/clob

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 18:31:53 EST

    On Nov 22, 2006, at 3:11 AM, Tore Halset wrote:

    > Do you think I could implement BlobHolder.readBlob with plain jdbc
    > (generated from the model) as I did in BlobFault.getBlob()? The
    > reason for doing this is that I need to bypass the ExtendedType
    > stuff and have full control of the selecting transaction. Or is it
    > possible to have the same level of control in a Query?

    If possible, stay away from JDBC code in the query. A raw row
    SQLTemplate with a manual Cayenne transaction should work as far as I
    can tell. I don't see why ExtendedTypes would interfere with it.

    > Writing is pretty easy if you just provide a MemoryBlob and set it.
    > I think streaming insert would require som special stuff for each
    > jdbc-driver.

    Yeah, this may require some experimentation.

    > BlobHolder could probably be the Fault like I did with BlobFault?

    Probably ok for now, but we will likely change it in the future, as
    with coming 3.0 POJO support faulting will be implemented differently.

    Andrus