[VOTE] Cayenne web site

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 08:17:10 EST

    Hi Andrus - is this the right thing to post to the dev list?

    ----

    Some time ago on the user list there was a discussion about improvements to the Cayenne web site, and a new design. Over the break, most of the remaining issues have been addressed and tests performed on getting this to work with Confluence, between Bruce Martin, Andrus and myself.

    Please look at the following demo site:

    http://www.brucemartin.net/cayenne/

    Please note the following:

    1. Cayenne has left incubator status and therefore the logo in the top right will be replaced and the message at the bottom will be removed 2. The copy on the page and the menus to the left are not set in stone and not the subject of this vote. They can be changed at any time by Cayenne committers with the appropriate access rights to Confluence. 3. The site will be deployed within the Atlassian Confluence wiki. The demo site is purely static, since Confluence has no way to create a test staging area. However we did testing with a secondary offline copy of Confluence and it works as expected. There may be further effort involved in getting the new stories to display as shown but this needs to be done as part of the deployment process. You can see the test staging area here http://wiki.objectstyle.org/auto-export/ CAYSCRATCH/ but note there are still some cosmetic problems there which require clean up. But it works. The edit pages are here http:// wiki.objectstyle.org/confluence-scratch/ and will not be styled as part of this work. 4. Since ish is based in Sydney where Atlassian are located, and as an existing paid customer of theirs, we've already made extensive use of their support services.

    I'd like to ask for votes on this design, remembering that the vote is on the design and concept rather than specific menu structure.

    I'll start with a non-binding +1 from me.

    The external costs of this work has been sponsored by ish and myself, since the design has been created and implemented by a professional web designer who I've engaged, in conjunction with my own copywriting and design ideas as well as Andrus's guidance.

    If we receive a positive vote outcome, then we will proceed to fix the remaining cosmetic problems with the Confluence integration and put the new site live.

    Ari Maniatis

    --------------------------> ish http://www.ish.com.au Level 1, 30 Wilson Street Newtown 2042 Australia phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001 GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A