Re: [VOTE] Re: Cayenne 2.0.2 (and 1.2.2)

From: Craig L Russell (Craig.Russel..un.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 13:36:05 EST

    Hi Andrus,

    Yes, there is a difference between consensus to make a release (begin
    the release process) and approval of a release (after the release
    artifacts are available for testing etc.).

    I'd suggest using the [VOTE] subject only for the approval. Seems
    like lazy consensus is sufficient to begin the process. If there is a
    need to get lots of input to begin, you might tag the discussion
    thread with [DISCUSS], but that's just to call attention to the mail...

    Craig

    On Jan 4, 2007, at 5:37 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Another note (something I overlooked, getting too excited about the
    > first release from Apache and all that). We'll still have to do all
    > the due diligence once the release artifacts are posted, ensuring
    > that (a) they work and (b) there are no legal issues, like missing
    > license headers and all that.
    >
    > So we will have another (consequential) vote once a release admin
    > (I guess that's me at the moment) posts the release files.
    >
    > Andrus
    >

    > On Jan 4, 2007, at 3:29 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:
    >> Okay. I'm throwing my +1 into the ring then, for both releases.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Kevin

    Craig Russell
    408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russel..un.com
    P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!