Re: [VOTE] Cayenne web site

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 00:26:16 EST

    [Let me forward this to the list, so that everybody is in the loop]

    > Great. So, I think the thing we have to do next is to set up the
    > auto-export plugin to export the CAY space to the new site folder.
    > That is something you need to do since Bruce and I don't have the
    > rights to do this I believe.

    This raises an interesting question... Since wiki and the web site
    are hosted on different machines, we may have to implement some
    syncing mechanism to work around that. Let me check with Apache
    infrastructure team.

    > Can we export to /test in the web folder so that we can test it
    > properly and iron out the bugs before it goes live?
    >
    > Am I right in thinking that there are three spaces: CAY, CAYDOC and
    > CAYSCRATCH? What is the line between what goes into CAY and what
    > goes into CAYDOC?

    CAY is a *wiki* - I.e. collection of ad hoc information.
    CAYDOC is a documentation set that is exported to static docs
    included in release.
    CAYSCRATCH is currently the site (we may call it CAYSITE or something
    in production).

    So how about this - while I am working on solving the infrastructure
    related issues, we finalize the content in CAYSCRATCH. Once
    everything is worked out on both ends, I'll migrate CAYSCRATCH space
    to production CAYSITE.

    Andrus