DbEntity Comments

From: Malcolm Edgar (malcolm.edga..mail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 05:07:09 EST

    Hi All,

    We use Cayenne day in day out for a lot of our work, and the Cayenne
    Modeler has a pretty central place in maintaining the database design,
    and hence the application design.

    Being able to have comments associated with DbEntity attributes and
    relationships would be an extremely useful feature, especially with
    large teams, where a design is being shared with other members, or
    even to simply come back and remember some of the original design
    thinking.

    This issue has been raised before in:

    https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-56
    https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-400
    https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-659

    I would like to contribute some time in moving this forward, before
    the next JPA release of Cayenne. I am pretty good with Swing, but
    would like some guidance in how this would best be done in the Cayenne
    Modeler architecture.

    regards Malcolm Edgar