Re: DbEntity Comments

From: Dirk Olmes (dir..anthippe.ping.de)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 10:56:50 EST

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > I guess the term "comment" is too narrow and misleading here. I was
    > thinking more of a CAY-400 approach:
    >
    > https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-400
    >
    > I.e. a list of key/value pairs rather than a single comment.

    While technically comments could be represented as key/value pairs I
    would vote to keep documentation separated from that.

    In past EOF projects I did some tricks in the webapp using the userInfo
    on attributes and relationships that would require the key/value pairs
    ot resist in memory.

    Picking up your idea of lazily loading properties upon first access,
    representing documentation as key/value pairs would bring the doc
    strings into memory which is most definitely not what you want ...

    -dirk

    --
    A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.