Re: Taking over development of DataViews

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2007 - 11:38:24 EDT

    Hi Adrian,

    Sometimes it is good for everyone just to let it go. Nobody so far
    volunteered to support "Cayenne DataViews", and from this discussion
    it is clear that you sending us contributions doesn't fundamentally
    change this situation.

    I'd like to wish you good luck with your project extending DataViews.
    Also I hope that you set it up in a place like SourceForge or similar
    so that current small (although existing) DataViews user group could
    take advantage of your work. That is up to you of course. If at some
    point you consider coming to ASF with this code and the intent to
    develop it under Apache roof, you'll definitely be welcomed (although
    the project will have to go through the Incubator in that case).

    I'll be happy to see this technology thrive in whatever open source
    form :-)

    Good luck
    Andrus