Re: [JIRA] Created: (CAY-830) DataChannelCallbackInterceptor.onQuery NPE

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 05:33:03 EDT

    > AFAIK you are using your own trunk builds, so it is not critical to
    > add the fix to the M1 tag (that would require another round of
    > regression testing)?

    Yep, we are pretty cutting edge here. We've just moved to trunk of
    Cayenne for our own onCourse product, but we are finding the new
    features and fixes there invaluable and the stability is perfect. We
    are going through an extensive testing phase now for the next release
    of onCourse and this is the only Cayenne bug which has arisen so far.
    This is pretty good timing since it coincides nicely with the testing
    of 3.0M1 so we hope to give it a good workout.

    At least 2-3 times a day we have been creating 300Mb databases
    through Cayenne (with real data from a client) and all is working
    really well against Cayenne trunk.

    However, if this bug is serious then maybe a fix should be included
    in M1. I don't know since we haven't pinpointed the code which
    triggers it, just the problem inside Cayenne. I guess you'll know
    more when you look at it. I have an uncommitted change to Cayenne
    which helped us find this bug in the first place so I might commit
    that now.

    Ari

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8