Re: Support for SQLite?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 05:13:14 EDT

    Back in 2004 when Steve Jobs announced that SQLLite would become a
    default database under OS X, I first checked what our options are for
    Cayenne support, only to discover that we couldn't do it as there was
    no JDBC interface to SQLLite.

    I googled it again today and it looks like there is finally a driver
    available:

        http://www.zentus.com/sqlitejdbc/

    So there's no reason for us not to support it.

    Another question is how to go from announcing the intention to
    actually writing a Cayenne adapter, considering the usual "everyone
    is already busy with many other tasks" situation... At this point let
    me open a Jira for SQLLite task, and mention that we'd like to invite
    our users who are actually using SQLLite to help us write the
    adapter ;-)

        http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/custom-dbadapter.html

    Andrus