Re: Support for SQLite?

From: Toni Lamar (toni.lama..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 05:39:12 EDT

    Wow, you are really fast :).
    (There's no other list where I got so fast answers - and not just one :) ).

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Back in 2004 when Steve Jobs announced that SQLLite would become a
    > default database under OS X, I first checked what our options are for
    > Cayenne support, only to discover that we couldn't do it as there was
    > no JDBC interface to SQLLite.
    >
    > I googled it again today and it looks like there is finally a driver
    > available:
    >
    > http://www.zentus.com/sqlitejdbc/

    There seems to be more than just one solution. On this WIKI page:
    http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers
    at the Java section, there's more than one wrapper, and I'm not sure what
    would
    be the best.

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > So there's no reason for us not to support it.

    I'm glad to hear that.

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > Another question is how to go from announcing the intention to
    > actually writing a Cayenne adapter, considering the usual "everyone
    > is already busy with many other tasks" situation...

    I suppose that this is always and everywhere the case, but that's why
    "priorities" were made for :).
    So for good priorities I would pose the question:
    "What new feature(in relation to the implementation effort) would open
    Cayenne for the most new users?".

    Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > At this point let me open a Jira for SQLLite task

    Is Cayenne 2.0 the target too?

    Thanks,
    Tony