Re: Support for SQLite?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2007 - 18:44:27 EDT

    On Oct 9, 2007, at 12:44 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > Also there are some promising info on concurrency:
    >
    > http://sqlite.org/faq.html#q5
    >
    > Maybe we can experiment switching the modeler preferences engine to
    > sqlite and cleanup the HSQLDB mess....
    >
    > Andrus

    I get carried away very easily... Today I thought I'd simply check
    whether the JDBC driver works with SQLite, and ended up implementing
    a working adapter. With all the SQLite limitations and driver
    limitations on top of it, it actually worked pretty well. There are
    still a number of unit tests that fail [1], but from what I can tell,
    most are related to the missing capabilities.

    There is one remaining issue though that is really nasty and we'd
    have to address at some point: the dates are not handled by the JDBC
    driver [2]. This really sucks as this may require Cayenne to use
    sqlite functions in the generated SQL, and without working dates, I'd
    say the thing becomes much less usable.

    Andrus

    [1] https://issues.apache.org/cayenne/browse/CAY-875
    [2] "Dates and Time" at http://www.zentus.com/sqlitejdbc/usage.html