Re: Separating mac modeler code

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Jan 08 2008 - 09:35:05 EST

    On Jan 8, 2008, at 4:27 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > It is
    > still usable and runnable inside Eclipse (preferences, about, and quit
    > all work, they are just under the application menu).

    My bad - I started the app from generic Main class. Now running from
    MacOSXMain, I see those menu items.

    > I'm not sure moving
    > the code out will be more beneficial -- you'd either have to entirely
    > duplicate the menu creation code or go remove things afterwards that
    > you don't want. This would add more clutter than just conditionally
    > not adding the menu items in the first place.

    Splitting menu creation into a bunch of separate methods in a
    superclass should allow to override some of them in the subclass. This
    still seems like the right thing to do, but considering the above, it
    becomes very low priority on my list...

    Thanks,
    Andrus